[ST] Windscreens - Zero Gravity...

I've never been 100% satisfied with any of the screens available, having
tried just about all of them, and I've come to the conclusion that the
problem centers around the balance vent.

I talked at length with Zero Gravity and they seem to agree.  Their comment
was that they basically copied the size of the original ST screen for the
size of their vent.  Obviously, they have to make a screen which is
marketable, meaning that form is probably more important than function.  I
want the screen to really work and don't much care what it looks like.
Anyway, the result of the conversation was that they are supposed to be
sending me several ZG Touring screens - all damaged or unfit for sale in one
way or another - so I can get out the Dremel tool and play.  The only
condition is that I tell them what results I get.

One of the things they want me to do is try a large triangular vent shape,
similar to that on the VFR.  Another idea we talked about is keeping the
stock shape and making it larger, in the same height/height ratio as the
original screen height/vent height arrangement.  What I plan to do is just
play with vent size & shape and see what happens.  I'm also going to try and
install a scoop to increase air velocity inside the screen to see if that
helps or not.

One of the very best screens I've ever used was a Swanee on a Guzzi
California - truly fugly, but unbelievably good.  The strange thing is that
it has three vents, two of which are nearly big enough to pass a cup of
coffee through.

Anyway, if anyone has any bright ideas for vent shape and/or size or any
other ideas which I can try, please let me know.

By the way, whatever combinations I try will be with and without tank bag
(which seems to make a huge difference), as well as with/without SAEng
edging.  The objective is to get as clean airflow as possible for sustained
cruising at 85-95 mph and preferably still OK up to 110-120.

Alex
(Glutton for self punishment)
'00 ST