[ST] Snowboy? SNOWBOY? (was Triumph Monikers)

STeve Duncan wrote:
> Silly season is indeed in full swing, but I'm goin' Ridin' this week-end
> (sorry mr. lawler)

No need to apologize, I rode the 20 miles to work everyday this week.
Thursday it was 15F when I left the house. And not a lick of NiChrome
wire in my clothes and no heated hand grips. Just lots of warm clothes
and leather.

PattiB in balmy SF wrote:
> Speak for yourself, snowboy.  It was horribly cold here recently (down
> to the low 40s), and that didn't stop me from taking the bike out.

Snowboy?  SNOWBOY? Ooooo, you better duck, 'cause I threw a snow ball
your way this morning! But seriously, we are in the middle of a drought
here in the Northern NJ/NYC area and you know what that means! Noooo
snow or ice on the roads and that means no salt or sand on the roads.
And that means I ride to work whenever I can. Otherwise I have to get up
earlier to catch a train, due to the single occupant vehicle ban in
lower Manhattan between 6&10am

Tom E wrote:
> That's good STeve, kick a man when he's down.

Aw Tom, I ain't down. Just warped.

Ben Snyder wrote:

> That's not what I'd call 'horribly' cold.  I've ridden
> in as cold as 20 degree F temps, and I also have no
> heated gear, just some long johns and my snowboard
> gear (pants).

Ahhhh. My sentiments exactly!

What I wear:
Patagonia expedition weight long johns
Chuck Roast Fleece pull-over (Polartec)
The Mews Fleece neck sock (Polartec)(I can tuck that up into the helmet)
Vanson Nylon pants with soft armor
Vanson CAVE jacket (this is the same jacket that I wear in the summer
with the zip down flaps that reveal perforated panels)
This nice set of winter riding gloves with Thinsulate (the tag fell off
and I don't know who made them)
My year round boots
Oh yeah, and a Shoei RF-900

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler
A Red Sox fan in -Ah, damnit, there's always next year.

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil 2"

"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's
easier to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."
                                Bumper sticker