Re: [ST] Hydration Packs

uOn Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Eric  Gustafson wrote:

> Anyone using a Camelback (or other brand) hydration back in combo with a
> full face helmet?  I am using a Shoei RF800 and Quiet Rider insert.  Just

Yes, using Camelback systems (both wife and I) around a liter a piece,
usually strapped on in backpack style over top of jackets.  Tubes clip to
strap on front right strap, easy to get to left handed.  We feed 'em up
under the chin bar of Arai helmets, though the chin spoiler needs to be in
the up or stowed position.

Have not used the 90 degree elbow bite-valve though I've seen some other
riders use it.  The normal old straight one works fine for us.  We usually
only strap 'em on when it's a real hot day and we're in the saddle for
hours...makes a great relief/wake up when the heat starts zoning you out
and putting you to sleep.

I would expect yor Quiet Rider would get in the way of getting the tube up
the helmet when needed...you ever tried ear plugs instead?
- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail