Re: [ST] MCN Survey

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002, Dave wrote:

> But with the cold temps here in Central Pa, I am finding out my old
> leather jacket just isn't good enough.  Has anyone tried the new
> Revolution jacket by Joe Rocket??  I'm looking for something warm,
> waterproof,  with a removable liner for warmer temps.

Sounds like you've received a lot of good suggestions Dave.  I'd have to
add to them the Belstaff line, I have the Avalon jacket which meets your
needs, and is somewhat breezy in summer too.  I'm planning on getting
their Merlin next, for something in a 3/4 length for cold weather.

I've also found my First Gear Scout II leather very serviceable, though
not armoured or water proof, but well vented for warm weather use and a
zip in liner that is unreal in the winter.

Those here that have some of the Joe Rocket stuff are bitching all the
time about things like snaps pulling out, seams coming undone, etc. so I'd
have a hard time recommending them.  Their summer Phoenix jacket is
awfully damned attractive though, the Mrs. keeps wanting one, but until I
see one after an asphalt surfing expedition to see how they hold up that
purchase will wait.

FWIW,

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail