[ST] Re: Communicators, Camelbaks, Mirrors, Shocks, Slip-Ons

OK, a few things I _may_ know something about...

1) Had a Chatterbox, (old-style pre_FRS) it's crap, if anyone wants it, I'll trade it for a decal or something. Have Autocoms...they rock. Work with Motorola FRS radios, work as intercoms, work at 100+ (if, hypothetically, someone were to ride that fast two-up).

Have to carefully position the mike, though...

2) which makes the whole Camelback thing harder (I use a 90-degree bite valve). I'm also careful to secure the bite valve carefully...I like Gatorade in my 'bak, and ask me about the time the bite valve came off at 90mph...

Gatorade _everywhere_. I stopped at a gas station and hosed off the inside of my Aerostich, but it was mostly an Aerostick that day. This isn't the first time I've had this problem. Ask me about the time I had to abandon a bicycle road race after mistakenly dumping the Gatorade bottle on my head instead of the water bottle. There were lots of bees on the course...

But I ride a lot in hot weather in the summer, in leathers or an Aerostich, and I find that my attention and alertness are much higher when I've been drinking...

3) I use small convex spot mirrors on the corners of my mirrors; I get a bit of a rear view that way (although I usually am with a top box in town, which makes it tougher),as well as a better view before I do my "lifesaver" headcheck as I'm told they call them in the UK.

4) Have an Ohlins on the Speed Triple and a Penske on the ST. Love them both. Can't say enough good stuff about the Penske folks, I'd give them business if I possibly could. They have a less-adjustable shock that may well be price-competitive with Kroons.

5) Like the Two brothers Ti can, but like the Blue Flame slipon quite a bit as well (plus it comes in the ever-so-cool blue finish)...