[ST] RE: Rear shocks for ST

> Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 14:11:04 -0500
> From: "Rich Marcus" <rich.marcus@xxxxxxxx>
> When asking my dealer about a fully-adjustable rear shock, he was
> more than
> happy to recommend the Ohlins, at US$ 1100.  While I'm sure that this is a
> wonderful product, I'm also wondering several other things:
>
> 1.  For those that have bought, and rode on, it, how is it?
>
> 2.  What other (read: less expensive) alternatives are out there.
>
> I'm looking for feedback based upon your experiences.

Hi Rich,

I opted for the Ohlins, for no better reason than my suspension guru's an
Ohlins agent...

My views are posted on http://www.triumphnet.com/st/faq/suspension/brg.html.
Since this article, I've had Wolfram out on another track day, and he
behaved superbly.

AFAIK, there seem to be only Ohlins and Penske that offer custom products
(though people like Maxton (UK) might be able to offer a bespoke product).
My guess is that, since they're both premium products, there'd be little
tangible performance difference between them.

If you need to be changing preload or a regular basis (e.g. for
passenger/solo use), then the Ohlins, with its remote preload adjuster
(mounted by the rhs passenger footpeg), is a breeze. I don't imagine the
Penske would be that easy.

Fraid I don't know of any 'less expensive' options. I would guess that all
of us who see the need for an improvement want the best...

Regards,
- --
BRG
email: keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx