[ST] Radar detector suggestion, Mike are you listening

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Randy wrote:

> STeve wrote:
>> they aren't waterproof?  A $300.00, f*#k-up I'm
>> afraid.

> Ya know why this happened don't ya STeve?  Because
> "you don't know that you don't know what you don't
> know"...until ya know.  Ya know? ;^)

Randy,
Steve,
et al,

What we really need is for Mike Valentine to make a sealed unit, the
detector it self will have a single connector, the phone jack for power
and control.  Thats it, black box.

With that you would use the remove display and remote audio.

That would also be the prefered solution for cages as well. All I want
in the windshield is a black box with a wire coming from it. Tuck it
beside or below the mirror and run the wire along the headliner over to
the A-post and down to the dash.

No wires, no LEDs, nothing on the windshiled to highlight the fact that
you have a
detector.

In fact if you put it to the right of the mirror, the cop might no even
notice its presence when he is talking to you from the drivers side
mirror, if you do get pulled over.

Unfortunately Mike is currently not accepting email. I am thinking about
calling the 1 800 number to make the suggestion.

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 10 months old, 15,700 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500