RE: [ST] Wet radar detector suggestion

Steve

> is a suggestion. Preheat your oven to 250F and bake for 1 hour. Don't
> know about radar detectors but when my kids were little one of them
> dropped an electronic toy in the tub. The thing made the most hideous
> noises when you turned it on (when it was wet). I baked it

Baking stuff sounds a bit dodgy.  Sounds like a recipe (boom, boom) for
melted plastic and components etc.  My top-tip is to put wet electronic
equipment in the airing cupboard [1].  My Pentax SLR camera got a soaking a
few years ago in a canoe that supposedly had water-tight bulkheads.  The
camera was naturally stone dead when I tried to turn it on.  A couple of
days in the airing cupboard and it was working perfectly again.

Andy

[1]  For those of you who are not familiar with the term airing cupboard, it
is the cupboard in an English house that typically contains the hot water
tank.  Shelves above the tank are usually used for storing towels, linen and
ironing etc.  It's nice and warm and dry in there you see.