[ST] Shot myself in the foot or shafted by a crap dealer?

Both at a guess!

Spoke to the dealer (Bridge Motorcycles) on Monday. Was informed the busted
brake disk was busted for no reason they could find and hence I would have
to pay for repairs. 1 hours labour plus the cost of spares (UKP 140 + VAT
for the disc and whatever for 2 sets of EBC Pads). Agreed begrudgingly, so
they could order spares immediately. Told it would be possibly today
(Thursday) or definitely by Friday.

To make myself feel better, I wrote to Bridge Service Manager, copied to a
Bridge Director and also to Triumph expressing my displeasure at the
failure, so soon after work they (Bridge) had carried out and suggesting
that they should really pay for it. Sent recorded delivery with guaranteed
receipt and signature yesterday (Wednesday).

Called the Bridge Service Department late this afternoon to enquire when it
would be ready. Put through to Shaun Locke (Service Manager) who stated that
as I had sent a letter about not wanting to pay for it (Not true, I only
said unhappy), they had not completed the repairs. More to the point, they
had cancelled the spares ordered from Hinckley! Heated discussion ensued,
with Bridge quotes like disks have a short life. Maybe, but not 13K short I
reckon. Top and bottom is Service Department are not going to pay for it,
Bridge Directors say they won't pay for it and neither will Triumph
(according to Mr "piggin" Lock.

Not a happy boy on my end of the phone. After assurances that I will pay for
the repairs and take any action to recover the costs at a later date, they
have now agreed to complete the repairs, but god knows by when. Looks like a
Small Claims Court job to at least try and get the money back.

I guess perhaps I may have brought it on myself, but that really is the last
straw with Bridge! I will make just one more visit to pick it up, if and
when it's fixed and then they can shove it. They won't get another penny out
of me. I won't "ever" visit them again. I expect a bit more when I/we have
spent UKP22,000 with them on bikes alone in the last 2.5 years, without
considering clothing and service costs.

Time to fill in the 2002 Ride Power Survey and tell them what a shower of
shit Bridge really are these days. Support your local dealer right? Not when
they are such a pile of unadulterated crap, sorry.

Totally pissed off!

Dave Mc