Subject: Re: [ST] Speed Triple on Speedvision

I didn't get a chance to see the program 'live' so recorded it and watched
it later.  Some may have missed a portion of the show as the one I watched
had several good motion segments, all displaying the 'triple sound' we all
love.  Overall, I think it was a very good report on the bike, even to the
slightly negative comments on ground clearance (appropriate) and, belive it
or not, excessive torque (as if this was possible).  Good job all around I
thought.

As to what I like best on Speedvision (Motorcyclist and Bike Week, not
racing):  Places to go and things to do.  I get all the comparo's I need
from the print media.  For TV I like to see places that make me want to
visit.  I think there was a program on New Jersey that was surprising as
well as entertaining.  Definitely woke me up to the possibilities that I was
unaware of.

I think we get plenty of Daytona and Sturgis, not enought of the local, or
small scale attractions.  I particularily liked the episode on the Iron Butt
and the rider on the old Indian, and others.  After the rally I read one
Iron Butt rider report who, returning from Alaska, had to have a sprocket
manufactured in Canada to complete the ride.  These are the kind of stories
I enjoy.  Out of the ordinary, unique, the kind that makes car drivers
consider us to be utterly wacko.

My $.02.  Feel free to differ.

Don Payne
00 Sprint RS