Re: [ST] Cool Summer Jacket

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 07:37:12PM +0100, Enrico wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I know - in the northern part of the world it's winter...
>
> But: I am looking for a summer jacket for higher temperatures. After
> reading in Triumphnet that the Brosh Jacket isn't the right solution I
> am back at the start...
>
> Has anybody some know how for me? hey guys in Nevada or Texas - the
> southern part of Europe is very warm during summer (up to 100F).
>
> And I don't want to have only a T-shirt made from net material with
> protectors...

I looked at the brosh before on the web.  I wouldn't buy one.  Too
flimsy and not enough padding, if you ask me.

Like everyone else has said, get the Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket.  Not
as much protection as a perforated leather jacket, maybe, but that's
debatable.  But way cooler than any leather.  I bought mine for summer
riding here in Texas.  I wore it last august on a trip from dallas
down to austin, hill country and san antonio, probably 800 miles round
trip and temps were over 100F every afternoon.  I wasn't dieing of
heatstroke.

The suggestion to drink lots more water is also a good one.  Especially
if you're wearing a mesh jacket and just a t-shirt underneath, you get
lots of airflow and lose lots of moisture to evaporation, and you don't
notice it.

Anyway, they're a great price, and as my other alternative is riding in
just a t-shirt, I feel safe wearing it.  I've heard of 3 different
reports of people wearing them in get-offs, and all were fine and said
their jackets held up well.

Laters,
Brian
- --