[ST] RE: RIDING!!

- -----Original Message-----From: "Marc Danziger" <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> As in I actually got to go on one!! > snip >

Congratulations.  Time and the change of seasons will end that problem for
most of us.  Spent the last four business days of the past week in meetings
in Goleta and Carson.  Used to live in Oxnard.  Man, I really caught a
serious case of nostalgia for the roads around those parts.

> note: breaking a cardinal rule: never take a long trip in a vehicle you
have just reassembled > snip >

Good advice.  Glad you were lucky.

> Followed the Toad route up to Santa Barbara > snip >

Exsqueeze me?  I'm not familiar with this term.

> some time to chew on this challenging book I'm rereading after 20 years
(Schumpeter) > snip >

One of my favorite spoken quotes:  "The problem with Communism is Communism.
The problem with Capitalism is Capitalists."  Of course, since I used it
without context, some unwashed type will probably interpret it wrongly.

> snip of very entertaining ride report >

What pleasant memories your narrative evoked.  Thank you, Marc.  Next trip
out I may try to arrange a bike rental and recapture some of that joy for
myself.  Having been away for ten years, I almost forgot the most important
aspect of the place.

Smitty
YCGTFH Dawg