[ST] Weekend Ride???

original message:
>From: "pattrick" <pattrick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Hey, Steve D.  are you riding  Tomorrow??  Sat-
>
>Patt Hagens
>01 ST     Speed Racer Red

Hey Patt!  So you made it to the list.  Welcome.  Sorry, I was off-line this
week-end.  I should be on-line at home by Wednesday, this week.

Week-end ride attempt:

So, David Viosca and I were planning on a run out to Henderson Tx. this last
Sunday to catch a little CMRA roadracing.  Saturday I headed over to David's
to do a really cool seatlock mod (not the rear-facing one, details later)
and then meet up with "Rude" for a quick afternoon ride.  So, when I pull up
in David's drive, I smell OIL BURNING, and look down to see SMOKE roiling
out of the left side faring.  DAMNIT.  Shut off the bike a notice lots of
the oily stuff up and around the valve cover.  Bad gasket?  Loose Bolts?
Only my mechanic knows for sure.  So we go ahead and do the lock mod.  I
will have David post pics.  And then I baby my baby back to the shop with
Dave following.  Which is where she is now. Updates on the hour.

STeve Duncan
'00 Sprint-ST, Black as Nite
Dallas, Tx

"you don't know that you don't know what you don't know"