Re: [ST] Outside storage

In a message dated 12/31/2001 10:24:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mito_lawman@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>For everyone:  What brand/type of cover should I purchase if I have to store
>the bike outside?  Are there any additional precautions I need to take for
>parking the bike outside in the winter time?

My bike tends to live outside all summer.  I don't have a garage, and
although I can put my bike in the basement, the job is too much of a trial
for day to day use.  It is now snugly there for winter.

I have been using, for many years on a number of different bike a Dowco G-100
(full dresser) cover.  One can lock it up via the steel loop running around
the bottom, it has a nice vent which seems to work, and I have never had any
scratches or other fit related problems.  I think any mail order place has
them for about $60US.

I hope this helps.
Sean