Re: [ST] lowering the st

Blake Sobiloff wrote:

>> From: "bfahnestock" <bfahnest@xxxxxxxx>
>> Subject: lowering the st

>> I have just bought a 1999 Sprint st from a close friend how needed some =
>> cash.  I love the bike but being only 5'4" I can only ride from curb to =
>> curb.
>
> You'll probably want to talk with Tai Day <tai_day@xxxxxxxxxxx>. She
> rides an RS and is also involved with an inseam-challenged motorcycle
> group that has come up with a lot of good recommendations for shorter
> motorcyclists.

You should take a look at http://www.ki.org/sbl where there are some
tips on lowering bikes in general. There are receipts for specific
bikes, like a dopbone suspension thing for a SV650, but nothing specific
for a Triumph.

I shaved my RS's seat down an inch and rode cross country on that seat.
Then I got it custom upholstered and it was okay. I recently bought a
used stock seat for times when my VFR riding hubby and I want to swap. I
find that I really like the stock seat as it brings me up closer to the
handlebars so I've been riding it like that.

I'm 5'4" with a 29" inseam. Like every other bike I've owned (and like
Joanna), I tippy toe or slide over one side at stops. When I back out I
get off the bike and walk it around. When parking I take my time finding
a good spot where I know it won't be difficult to unpark. I have no real
desire to mess with the suspension or other stuff because I like it just
the way it is. In fact I have customized my bike to stock. Took off the
custom seat, ZG windscreen and something else. Might try taking off the
bar riser, butt I think they can stay.

Hope this helps.

Tai