Re: [ST] Frozen Rubber / WWW sites

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Bailey, Doug wrote:

> For Dave D.
>
> The temp of the soles of my boot were probably much colder than 13 degrees F
> as I also had about 15 minutes of 45 mph wind chill, which according to
> charts is about -37 degrees F.

Not sure if you meant this as a joke or not, but I will bite. The wind
chill is the "feels like" temperature. No matter how fast the 13 deg F
air is moving over a service it can't get it any colder than 13 deg F
unless there is a endothermic ( I think that is the right way around, a
long time since I took thermo dynamics/chemistry ) process being caused
by the air flow. For example water on your shirt, as it evaporates it
will pull heat away from the surface it is on.

> Electric clothes?  They make those now?  Wow, what will they think of next?

Definately a bit of sarcasism there, but I'll let me explanation stand.
Anyway, I've always said, "It seems my sole purpose in life is to server
as a warning to others"

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Randy S wrote:

> <<
> Just got a new lid what do you think of the graphic?  Arai just added it to
> their 2002 lineup.  I even bought it through a local dealer.
> >>

> Rex - Nice.  Where did you get this image?  I don't understand why companies
> aren't a little more on the ball with this whole web thing.  Arai has
> obviously spent some bucks on their website but apparently the 2002 line is
> out yet they have not updated their site.

I completely agree, sheoi is decent, almost a bit too much. Same with
the Triumph site, a bit too much. It seems like companies either go to
little or too big in their web development. They either slam it together
so it sorta works and the information is their if you can handle looking
for it, http://www.chaparral-racing.com/ used to be like that, they are
a bit better now though.  Or the compmany lets a bunch of web developers
hit the streets running with no bounds, they make something that is
really creative, pretty, colo[u]rful and such, but take too long to down
load or are equivelently difficult to navigate.

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 7 months old, 13,700 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500