Re: [ST] Pillion doze off?

In your message regarding Re: [ST] Pillion doze off? dated Thu, 03 Jan 2002
14:29:53 -0800, John Petrey, Jr. said that ...

> >And don't forget the Velcro to stick your dozy pillion on the seat ;-)

>JPJ-  Are you kidding? I can't tell if you are or not. I have not had good
>JPJ-  experiences with my fm(no, I'm not inferring possession)  falling asleep on
>JPJ-  the back. Many times we've been headed back from wherever and CLUNK, her
>JPJ-  helmet hits me in the back - fallen completely asleep. Normally this is
>JPJ-  late at night.  I always stop immediately to get her good and waked up
>JPJ-  before we head off again.
<Snipped>

With panniers and top-box in place it takes a considerable effort for Susie
to dismount.  In fact mounting and dismounting cannot be done from the
ground, she has to use the footpeg and hang on to my shoulder to get on and
off the bike (hence I have to have my feet very firmly planted on the
ground).  Thus, once in position I don't think she could fall off if she
tried.  However, she only tends to doze off when we are flying straight and
level(ish) and she still maintains her grip on the 'pillion pal' even when
asleep (same sort of grip as she maintains on my cheque book ;-) ).

- --
Mike Bostock
mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.toothfairy.co.uk/