[ST] Charging

I have a Battery tender hooked up to my Sprint ST using just the lugs
attached to the battery and the pigtails comming out of the fairing.  Is
there any reason you could not put a plug on it and hook it into the
electrical accessory port (or whatever the weird little DIN plug is called)
I seem to remember triumph made some adaptor for this purpose, does it plug
in to the battery tender or is some splicing required?

Ed
2001 BRG (God's Colour) Sprint ST