Re: [ST] fuel pump whine (was "after 7 months, a bunch of stuff")

Often, the warranty repair rate that a manufacturer pays to the dealer is
lower than the shops normal rate they charge customers. So in effect they
lose money to do warranty work.

A good shop will understand that a satisfied customer is more important
than making top buck on a repair.

Other shops can't seem to understand that simple fact, and they just hope
you'll go away, or that you will end up paying them the full rate to have
the problem taken care of.

That is why your mileage will vary from shop to shop.

>  My dealer had no problem making it a warranty issue (or maybe since they had
>just had to warranty my whole bike last summer they made a special effort).  I
>don't think so though, he made it sound like he was replacing them on a
>regular
>basis.  If you don't get a response from your dealer maybe a call to Triumph
>customer service might be in order.  I can't believe Triumph would have
>different warranty policies from one dealer to another.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles

Vote for Northern California! Highway 36, the best damn motorcycle road
I've been on.
'99 Sprint St
'01 KLR650
'97 KLX300