followup(Re: [ST] fuel smell)

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 07:58:49PM -0600, brian wrote:
> I've noticed two things that are indicating a fuel leak: a fuel smell
> after riding the bike and decreased fuel economy (40mpg when I used to
> see 50mpg).
>
> How can I determine if this is the dreaded fuel sender problem, or just
> a leak somewhere?  I've only seen my fuel light come on at the wrong
> time once (well, twice, but within 10 mins of the first time), and my
> gauge usually reads accurately and doesn't bounce around.
>
> If it is the sender, is that a recall issue?

Rode over to Eurosports today and the service mgr said it looks like the
sender that's leaking, so he's going to order one and let me know when
it gets in later this week.  He advises not riding the bike till they
swap it out, but I dunno, it was high 60s here today and might break 70F
tomorrow.  That may be too good to pass up.

Laters,
Brian
- --
'99 ST (black)