Re: [ST] Arai phone/internet sales policy

Ben Snyder wrote:

>Arai's reasoning for their new policy was that they
>got miffed at Chapparal (sp) and a few others for not
>accepting exchanges for improperly fitted helmets.  I
>think this somewhat violated Arai's policies and
>indirectly tarnished their reputation.

I can see the point of not accepting exchanges, though.  Suppose Joe Bloggs
buys a helmet by phone/mail order/Internet, drops it and then sends it back
for an exchange.  I believe it's possible to weaken helmets by dropping
them, without leaving any external marks.  So Chaparral or whoever could put
the helmet back in stock, sell it to someone else and Arai could be sued if
the new buyer finds the helmet fails in a crash.  If you buy in a shop, the
shop owners will probably know if you drop the helmet.  Or is it not really
possible to damage a helmet that way?

Neil