[ST] Arai phone/internet sales policy

"As for Ben's note that Arai made the policy change because of
Chaparral's exchange policies, it seems spiteful to screw all of your
customers just because one of your retailers is screwing a small number
of them. (IMHO, YMMV, etc.)"

Yes, it's too bad Arai couldn't come up with a solution regarding
Chapparel only. I can see Chapparel's point of view (kind of) BOTOH,  my
lastest helmet I bought from Kiernan. I tried to get an RRIII on
closeout but they didn't have my size (I found this out by them shipping
me an XL, the size of my then current Signet, which was too small) they
ended up shipping me a XXL RRIV for the same price, then had to exchange
it AGAIN for an XL because the sizing was different from the RRIII! In
all  this, the only shipping I paid for was the original ship to me and
the returns, Kiernan picked up the tabs for the other two. I guess
that's another reason why I deal with Kiernan's and not Chapparel!
One little aside, perhaps Arai could help out by doing their sizing a
little better. I know they have different shapes, which is great, but I
have now owned 5 different Arais and have had sizing from L (Dual
Sport)to XXL (Quantum e) As far as I know, the shape of my head hasn't
changed, just the hardness!

And Ben, as for you warranty work.  If I were you I'd give them a shot.
As an owner who's only local dealers have gone away and the closest is
350 miles,  I'd definitely give the nearer guys a shot, especially if
they acknowledge they've had problems and are trying to correct them.
IMO, It's the "we can't work on your bike for three weeks and probably
can't get the part for a month and it doesn't matter anyway, cause your
bike is a toy" service depts that
you have to look out for.  More than likely the leak is a loose hose
clamp, and the other things are no brainers andyway (mirror and pan).
Good luck,
David
'99ST