[ST] Re: st-digest V2002 #22

Hi all,

This is my first post to this site, but I've been watching it for a few
weeks.  I just took delivery of a brand new 2001 BRG ST and now have a
whopping 75 miles on the clock.  I traded in my 1996 Trophy 900 which I
rode for nearly 3 years without a single reliability problem, and it was
Steve's note on this topic (i.e. reliability) that prompted me to write.
I've noticed an alarming number of people writing in to this group with
recurringproblems on their STs and RSs that just didn't seem to happen in
the Trophy group - leaking fuel senders, broken clutch cables, fried lower
fairings etc. - which Triumph does not appear to rectify (e.g. replacing
the sender only to have the leak reccur).  There also appears to have been
a smattering of serious "one off" problems , like Alex's seized oil-pump.
This has made me nervous as, with my prior experience, I had come to be
very happy with Triumph products.  Please tell me I'm wrong and that
overall you're really happy with your bikes.

Paul.