RE: [ST] Tank bag

I've also got the "original" Triumph tank bag on my racing yellow 2000 RS.
It's said to be 14 liters, expands to 18. I like everything about except the
odd shaped map pocket. So, they came up with a rectangular shaped one last
year, and it's stated to be 18 liters, expanding to 24. Both have a really
nice pad that straps to the bike (frame in front, installed tabs @ the rear
of the tank, under the seat).

That pad allows you to easily flip the tank bag by popping off the Fastex
fasteners, either up toward the bars or back over the seat. Or, snap all
four fasteners open, and remove the bag altogether, leaving the pad there.
(Which has Velcro that will allow you to take just the map pocket, leave the
bag at home for those times you want to run unfettered but still know where
you're headed.

Now & then, I take the whole thing off, and take my chances without my radar
detector, flat repair kit and other crap that fills the big bag. Got it down
to a science, threading those straps through. Great quality bags, better
than any aftermarket I've had (Wolfman, Chase Harper and Tourmaster). Decent
price if you use your R.A.T. membership discount.

Ken M.