[ST] leaking senders

   I'm having fun so far, but when I took it in for an oil change, both the
dealer and mechanic were questioning me about if I smelled any gasoline. How
common is a gas sender leak? Should I be looking forward to it?  How come
people have to have these things replaced three and four times?  Or, is that
a rarity?  Got me a little concerned.  I want to do a couple of road trips
this spring and summer and I hope not to get stranded.

It's not that big a deal if it does start leaking. Your fuel mileage will
suffer a bit though. Mine probably dropped about 4 mpg. I've had three of
them go bad. One was bad the day they put it on, so in reality, two on the
road. I rode with both of those for a week or so until I got tired of paying
for the extra gas and took it to the dealer. They fixed it while I waited in
all three instances. I'm surprised that all Triumph dealers wouldn't have
them in stock. At any rate, I wouldn't cancel a ride over the thought of it
possibly starting to leak.
Bare