Re: [ST] Carbo Tex undertray for ST/RS

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Smoot, David wrote:

> 658 . They call it a review of "Triumph's 8 most important new bikes",
> but no RS on the list. Guess there wasn't enough "new" on the RS to get
> their attention. Boy, do I wish I could find a way to get that
> "Centennial Edition Daytona" into my garage! I still believe that
> Triumph made a mistake getting rid of the single sided swing arm on that
> bike.

Actually they did mention the RS in the ST section. And the CED does
have a (I think beef'd up) SSSA. The normal one does not.

If they had about 10-20 more HP and weighted about 10 or so lbs less I
would say you where wrong, but since the bike is not a GSXR1000, 954rr,
9r, R1 beeter, that is to say it is not a UJSB, it should have character
above and beyond the call of duty. And there a SSSA would help. Just
something about a SSSA and a high or centre mount exhaust that just
screems style. IMNSHO of course.

I guess the problem is, the new litre class bikes are starting to become
works of art in their own right. the R1 is gorgeous, to bad I could do a
500 mile day on one.

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 10 months old, 14,800 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500