Re: followup(Re: [ST] fuel smell)

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 03:54:59PM -0600, brian wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 07:58:49PM -0600, brian wrote:
> > I've noticed two things that are indicating a fuel leak: a fuel smell
> > after riding the bike and decreased fuel economy (40mpg when I used to
> > see 50mpg).
> >
> > How can I determine if this is the dreaded fuel sender problem, or just
> > a leak somewhere?  I've only seen my fuel light come on at the wrong
> > time once (well, twice, but within 10 mins of the first time), and my
> > gauge usually reads accurately and doesn't bounce around.
> >
> > If it is the sender, is that a recall issue?
> >

> Rode over to Eurosports today and the service mgr said it looks like the
> sender that's leaking, so he's going to order one and let me know when
> it gets in later this week.  He advises not riding the bike till they
> swap it out, but I dunno, it was high 60s here today and might break 70F
> tomorrow.  That may be too good to pass up.

Last followup on my issue above.  Took Eurosports over a week to get
the sender because the service mgr forgot to order it (even though I'd
already filled out a service ticket) until I called the following Friday
to see if the part was in yet. :/ Then, I took the bike by on Wednesday
and waited over an hour and a half while they swapped it out, when he
said it would take 30 mins.  Then they said it wasn't a recall item, and
charged me $90.  I was less than happy about the whole thing, but at
least my garage doesn't smell like gas after I ride now.

Laters,
Brian
- --
'99 ST (black)