Re: [ST] Daytime Headlight and Heated grip plug

Lights on is helpful in many circumstances, counterproductive in others. In
general I ride with lights on, but in low sun conditions, particularly when
the sun is behind me, I'll turn the lights off. Read the research done in
WW2 about usde of bright lights for camouflage purposes to understand why.
The other rare situation where I turn my lights off is if I'm approaching a
vehicle that is deciding whether or not to pull out, I believe the driver of
that vehicle has seen me, and I want to help that driver better judge my
speed. Lights-on definitely makes you more noticeable in most (but not all)
situations, but the converse is that it makes it harder for other drivers to
judge your approach speed from narrow angles.

Without a switch, of course, I wouldn't have the option...
- - --

Ken Haylock - Sprint ST + TT600 - MAG Life Member #93160

                               _    _
                    .oooO     / )  ( \     Oooo.
                      \_)   .oooO  Oooo.   (_/