Re: [ST] Daytime Headlight and Heated grip plug

- -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: "Anderson, Neil G (CPR)" <andersng@xxxxxx>
Gesendet: Montag, 21. Jänner 2002 14:08
Betreff: Re: [ST] Daytime Headlight and Heated grip plug

> David Earl wrote:
[Hurt report question snipped]

> Last time I was in the UK, I was surprised to see several riders with
their
> lights switched off.  I'm not sure whether the law requires you to use
your
> lights in the UK, but common sense certainly does.  In Germany, bikes also
> have on/off headlight switches, but it is extremely rare to see someone
> riding with their lights off.
>
> Neil

In Austria and Germany the bikes have on/off headlight switches. The law
throughout Europe is different: here in Austria it is mandatory to drive
with headlights on, in Germany it is allowed to drive with lights on.
Throughout Scandinavia you have to drive with lights on - in France you are
allowed to turn it on a.s.f.
In EU regulatory board man are thinking about a new regulation (which means
all EU states have to make the same national laws) for switching on the
driving lights throughout the day too.

Enrico
Vienna, Austria
'00 Sprint ST BlueBelle