Re: [ST] Helibar, genmar, hot grips ANS.

I realize that these are answers to my own questions but I thought someone
might be interested in them.  It also gives me chance to offer some
information instead of just receiving it 8>).  I had called 2 dealers before
posting my first helibar/genmar question on the list, however, those dealers
were brain-dead on the subject.  So, today I called 4 more dealers and
genmar.  The triumph dealers seem to like the helibars that are made for a
specific bike.  For instance, helibar makes a bar for the Daytona and
dealers seem to prefer it over genmar raisers.  However, Mike was right
about the sprint.  The helibar used for the Sprint is an adaptation of their
adjustable touring bar.  Given the choice between the gen-mar raisers and
the helibar for the sprint every dealer I talked to recommended using the
genmar raisers.

Here's the difference between to two.  One dealer said that helibar's claim
of a 2" rise is correct.  However, their claim of a 1 1/2" set back is based
on a measurement at the very end of the bar.  The front of the helibar is
forward of the stock bar just like Mike said it was.  So, when the bars are
adjusted back toward the rider as far as they will go just the bar ends are
1 1/2" behind the triumph bars.  However, at that point the bars are in an
semi "V" position, which turns the wrists in and angles the rider's elbows
more in toward their body.  On the other hand, gen-Mar raisers elevate the
stock triumph bars 1 1/4"  and maintain the proper backward sweep of  the
bar angle at the same time.

So, thanks for the input Mike, I now understand what you were getting at.
It was nice of you to give the warning, and genmar suggestion along with the
offer to sell your helibars.  Apparently, most dealers agree with you.  VB

PS.  The maker of helibars says that triumph heated grips will not work with
sprint helibars, however, all of their bars will work with "Hotgrips"