[ST] Bars

VB (Vicky?) wrote:
<<
So, when the bars
are
adjusted back toward the rider as far as they will go
just the bar ends
are
1 1/2" behind the triumph bars.  However, at that
point the bars are in
an
semi "V" position, which turns the wrists in and
angles the rider's
elbows
more in toward their body.  On the other hand, gen-Mar
raisers elevate
the
stock triumph bars 1 1/4"  and maintain the proper
backward sweep of
the
bar angle at the same time.

Have you ever ridden an RS?  The bars are angled more
than on the ST (although I don't know if they are
angled as much as heilbars adjusted all the way back).
 But that angle may not be a bad thing.  For me, even
though the ST bars are taller, after 50 miles or so my
wrists start to ache just a little.  Nothing like a
"dedicated" sportbike but noticeable.  On the RS, I
have no wrist discomfort whatsoever and since the bars
are obviously lower I attribute that to the angle,
although that does seem counter-intuitive.

BTW, my favorite Atlanta restaurant is Turner Field.
Beer, hot dogs, beer and some decent entertainment (in
season) Chop...chop...chop! ;^)

Randy
'00 RS