RE: [ST] 6K Service

Although I'm not a lawyer, I believe that QUOTE:"The clause is meaningless.
Look up the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act." is a correct assessment.

Here's a QUOTE from the FTC's website in understanding the Magnuson-Moss
Warranty Act.
************************
QUOTE:
"Tie-In Sales" Provisions
Generally, tie-in sales provisions are not allowed. Such a provision would
require a purchaser of the warranted product to buy an item or service from
a particular company to use with the warranted product in order to be
eligible to receive a remedy under the warranty. The following are examples
of prohibited tie-in sales provisions.

In order to keep your new Plenum Brand Vacuum Cleaner warranty in effect,
you must use genuine Plenum Brand Filter Bags. Failure to have scheduled
maintenance performed, at your expense, by the Great American Maintenance
Company, Inc., voids this warranty.

While you cannot use a tie-in sales provision, your warranty need not cover
use of replacement parts, repairs, or maintenance that is inappropriate for
your product. The following is an example of a permissible provision that
excludes coverage of such things.

While necessary maintenance or repairs on your AudioMundo Stereo System can
be performed by any company, we recommend that you use only authorized
AudioMundo dealers. Improper or incorrectly performed maintenance or repair
voids this warranty.

Although tie-in sales provisions generally are not allowed, you can include
such a provision in your warranty if you can demonstrate to the satisfaction
of the FTC that your product will not work properly without a specified item
or service. If you believe that this is the case, you should contact the
warranty staff of the FTC's Bureau of Consumer Protection for information on
how to apply for a waiver of the tie-in sales prohibition.

So it seems that unless Triumph has applied and proved to the FTC that their
product will not function properly unless it's been serviced by an
"authorized service center", any service shop (myself included) can perform
the necessary routine maintenance.  At least, that's how I interpret this
information.