Re: [ST] A few minor problems

Mike,
I think they are just trying to make an extra buck off you.  I find it hard
to believe you created such a low backpressue muffler that the 'race can'
tune can't handle it.  It can handle the Two Brothers can, it should be able
to handle yours.  From your discription of the bad wire, THAT is the cause
for the tune dificulties.  what does the computer care if there is a muffler
or not?  It should take the download either way.  Now, they may be having
problems getting it to the correct CO level, but that's different.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
<<
Now comes the part I am not comfortable with, you might recall I am the one
who made my own muffler by gutting the inside of the stock muffler and
building a straight-through baffle pipe, with internal slots and stainless
steel packing. The dealer informs me that they can not download a tune that
is compatible with my muffler because it doesn't have sufficient back
pressure. They said, I need to install a silencer that is either stock or
similar to the Triumph off road silencer, specifically they want to sell me
the Triumph off road silencer. I am not sure I am buying into this
statement. I would like to hear from the group on this. Is there merit to
what this dealer is saying? or are they just trying to make another dollar?
I guess I trust they are not trying to rip me off, but I am not sure they
really know what they are talking about. Also, when I asked what tune number
they would be downloading, they indicated they didn't know they numbers of
the tunes, they just went with what Triumph provided them. That concerned me
and I informed them that there was quite a lot of talk about the various
tunes on this and other internet sites. When I last talked to them they said
that Triumph told them they are downloading the number 12 tune.