Re: [ST] Fairing Replacement/Repaint?

Not that this helps the original poster any and sorry to bring up a
much-fought debate again, but all these replies sound like a testimonial
for frame-sliders.  Mine (the Moku) were less than half the cost of a
$400 body panel, and the SkyKing ones are/will be even more affordable.

IMO, the value of framesliders is things like this: no speed or low
speed drops.  Hell, I almost gave my bike a little gravel bath last week
in Arizona somewhere.  I stupidly pulled off in a not very spacious
patch of sloping gravel.  Just standing there, my right (downhill) foot
slipped out and I'm still not sure how I managed to keep it from tipping
over.

But I'm pretty confident that if it had gone over, the frameslider would
have protected the side pieces.  Of course, my soft side bags were
stuffed so completely full that they probably would have been the only
thing that touched down. :)

*knock wood* I don't want to ever have to find out if mine work or not.
But I did see a bike with the Skyking ones go down, and while it did not
come out unscathed (it high-sided) I'm sure they were the only thing
that kept that bike ridable.

Laters,
Brian
- --