RE: [ST] Fairing Replacement/Repaint?

Naaaa... I've got that beat.  Barely.  Just the fourth day after picking up my
new ST two years go, I tipped it over in the parking lot at work.  There are
two concrete parking spaces for motorcycles, which were wet from over-watering
the grass early in the morning.  For some reason, I was putting the bike on the
center stand.  My foot slipped off the stand just after I started pushing on it
and lifting the back of the bike.  I wasn't very well balanced, and the bike
started leaning away from me.  All I could do was hold on as it slowly tipped
over onto its right side.

Nothing broke, at least.  Just a few scratches on the bar end and mirror, and
more noticeable scratches on the big plastic panel.  I got the touch up paint,
but wasn't too happy with the look of it.  It went from white scratches to
darker-than-the-rest-of-the-panel blue blotches.  Then again, I'm no painter,
so I'd call it operator error.  Last year, after getting a bonus at work, I
bought a new panel.  Paid the dealer $550 (now ex-Triumph dealer).  Maybe I
should have shopped around.  And that didn't include the foam.  I've left it
as-is, assuming the foam was just there to suppress the noise or vibration.
I've never noticed any extra vibration or other problems from not having the
foam installed.

Dan
'00 Blue ST
Longmont, CO