Re: [ST] Front plates for Aussies

Evenin' all.  We don't have front plates here in UK, which is quite handy as
it opens up the opportunity for a little innocent fun with Gatso cameras.

Here's what you do.  To check if one is working, you just ride hard towards
to see if you can trigger the flash.  If you do, you know to ride like a law
abiding citizen when you go through it the other way.  As it is , you have
no worries because it is virtually impossible to ID a bike from the front,
especially if you're wearing shades or a dark visor.

A more refined variant is to wait until you see one of the cars you most
love to hate coming through the gatso, doing 33mph.  Most Gatsos are set to
trip at 34 in a 30, so an elegant spin to this little jape is that you ride
towards the gatso at, say, 40 and trip it so that it takes a flash photo of
a rather startled Volvo at 33 in a 30.  The law being what it is, Mr Volvo
gets a ticket though the post, a fine and some points on his licence which
will count towards his eventual disqualification.

Not having too much wide open space in the UK, you in the US and Oz will no
doubt appreciate the lengths we are driven to to  keep the roads safe for
motorcycles over here :-)

Er...can't think what this has to do with Sprints, apart from the fact that
this is a fun application.

Kevin Smith (Reservoir Dawg)
99 Sprint ST
London, UK