[no subject]

Seriously, it is a problem that has been reported more than a few times

I would call your dealer & tell them the bike is un-rideable.  If they really
won't help you out see if they can at least overnight the part to you. (at
their expence hopefully)  With help from the list it shouldn't be a problem to
get it installed.

If you really want to have them work on it and you have no way to get the whole
bike to the dealer pull the tank and just take that in. That's what I had to do
when the fuel pump gasket started to leak on my ST at about 200 miles.  (the
fuel pump is the square gold colored plate that all the hoses are connected to.
 I can give you a pretty good step-by-step on the tank removal, there are a
couple of minor pitfalls to watch out for.  Just let me know.

Also if you like, when I get home tonight I can email you the number & name of
the customer service guy at TOA.  (unless someone else can get it posted before
then)

.... It connects into a copper/brass colored plate that (I guess)