[ST] Triumph Day at PIR

Last Sunday, Triumph was the featured marque at the Oregon
Motorcycle Road Racing Assn's. sprint races at Portland
International Raceway.  It was hoped that the event, hosted for
the third year by Cascade Moto Classics and friends, would draw
the 60+ Triumphs which were in attendance last year.  This year
the reserved parking area was jammed and the final Triumph count
was around 95!

During the lunch break, most participated in a spirited, though
congested, 5-lap 'parade' of PIR's 1.95 mile, 9-turn circuit.
Riding on track with the vintage bikes highlighted the huge
improvements which have occurred not only in engine & suspension
but particularly in the braking abilities of modern motorcycles.
Riding 'half-fast', with my daughter on pillion, we were braking
waaayyy later from a much higher speed!

The racing was fast, furious and at times highly entertaining,
though we do wish that all those who exceed the laws of physics
were able to walk away from their mishaps with the only damage
being to their pride.

All in all, it was a wonderful day.  Mother Nature blessed us
with a dry 70 deg. day---this is never a 'given' in the Pacific
NW.  CMC provided breakfast pastries, beverages & a BBQ lunch
(thanks Janice, Kelly, Liz & Rob!) and the camaraderie was first
class!

Photos by Truimphman at:
 http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291670179

- -Rick in Oregon