Re: [ST] Gravity strikes again - long

NO Dawg wrote:
> I drop the key which passes cleanly between the side
> fairing and the frame.  DAMN!
<Snip>
>  Guess I'll have to
> remove the side panel. . .  But the tool kit's under the seat. .
> .  DOUBLE DAMN!!

LOL Been there. Done that.
One day I arrive at work. Pull up on the sidewalk. Kickstand down.
dismount. Pull ignition key. DOH! There it goes, into the fairing abyss.
Can't see it. No problemo. Tool kit is...DOH! Now I have to wait for
someone to arrive and open the doors. Eventually I go in. Get a
flashlight (still dark out) and a metric allen key set. Ready to start
pulling off the fairing. Look inside and there it is. Get a piece of
wire and coax the little demon out.

> * FWIW, Oregon is one of two states which still won't allow
> motorists to pump their own gas.
<Snip>

NJ is the other one. I moved from CT 4 years ago where it is rare to
find a gas station that will pump your gas. When refueling the car, it
took me a while to realize why I was getting glares from pump jockeys
and having them take the nozzle from me. Then these "professionals"
would proceed to over-fill the tank sucking some of my gas into the
"vapor recovery" thing and/or spilling it down the side of the quarter
panel because they are too damn lazy and stupid to make change. However,
on the bike they always patiently hand me the nozzle, then glare at me
when I hand them a 20 for 5.65 or 6.85 worth of gas.

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
             -- Oscar Wilde