Re: [ST] Gravity strikes again - long

>Some'll say this is a good place to be *from*, but I like the
>mild climate & (relatively) small population.  I live 20 minutes
>from downtown.   Five minutes from my home, I can be outside the
>urban growth boundry riding twisties!

You call incessant rain mild? :-)

The small town aspect of it was why I finally moved away.  I woke
up one morning and realized that I needed to be in a big city, so I
sold my condo, quit my job, and moved to San Francisco.  I've never
regretted it for a moment.

But yeah, it was nice to be able to kick out of my office and be in
the coast range ten minutes later.

>It's interesting how the pricing goes.  I can fill up for 10-15
>cents a gallon less outside the upscale areas.  I imagine the
>same is true in The City.

It is.  And it seems like gouging, but I don't think it is.  Real
estate in upscale areas is expensive, and that extra cost gets passed
along to the consumer (as well it should.)

- -Patti