[ST] Hugger

In a message dated 7/4/02 9:57:20 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Also has anyone found a less costly Carbon Fibre rear hugger than the Jack
Lilley one??  I have the Triumph Plastic one on the bike now and this is
the second one that's cracked around the closest( right side) bolt hole on
the swing arm... I really don't want to spend $300.00 for the CF one but I
also don't want to buy another Triumph one for $80.00 and have it break
again...

Erik >>

I have the JL CF one, but noted that it came with metal mounting screws, and
I think metal washers. I therefore made some rubber washers out of inner tube
rubber, punching out holes the diameter of the screws with my JC Whitney
punch, making 2 rubber washers for each mounting point. I put a rubber washer
on each side of the cf hugger at each point, with a metal washer on the
outside, under the screw head. No cracks so far (about a year and a half).
This might increase the longevity of the faux CF Hugger. Dave Collins, San
Diego