[ST] Gearing front or rear sprocket

I am going to lower the gearing on my RS and was wondering about the pros
and cons off changing the front to 18 or the rear to 45 or 46.

I would assume the front sprocket is cheaper, and you may have to add a
couple of links to the chain if you change the rear sprocket. Theoretically,
the chain will last longer with the larger sprockets, but at the diameter of
the front sprocket, I think the difference would be minimal. To get the same
gear ratio as you would get with the 18t sprocket, using the 19t, you would
have to go to 46t.
Changing the rear sprocket is probably a bit easier.
Bare