[ST] Re: ST stands up under braking

Colin,
This was my only complaint about the ST when I first bought it.  I
almost sold it cuz it annoyed me so friggin'  much.  No other bike I
have ever ridden (and I've had plenty of demos on friends bikes of all
makes) reacted so poorly as the ST in braking while leaned over.  The
worst part of it is when you let go of the brake, the bike ends up
running waaaayyyy wide in your turn.  It truly is a black eye for the
bike once you notice it.

Thankfully, there is a cure.  I changed out the springs and installed
the R/T Emulators in the forks.  Instant, right-now fix.  I have a
feeling it is mostly due to the factory weak fork springs and not a
function of the emulators but that's a guess.    So you're at least $100
(springs) away from a possible fix and another $150 (emulators) away
from a guaranteed fix.  No need to change tires, although some brands
have a tendency to be worse than others in that regard.

PS: don't let anyone tell you not to brake in a turn.  There's a shit
load of traction left on most tires these days to scrub a little speed
off while on the lean, if your're smooth about it.  It's always nice to
get it done before you get to the turn though.  ;^)

Now go fix it!
Cheers,
Jonathan West
95 Trophy 4