[ST] Rear End maintenance

Greetings, since my ST was down for some parts (shift
lever connecting rod and a left foot peg, don't ask), I
figured I would remove the rear hub. It felt like it was
full of sand when I last adjusted my chain. Guess what,
it was....apparently some grit/sand/road tar got in
there thru the "drain hole" just forward of the hub.
Glad I checked, could have really scarred the swingard
and hub.
While I had everything apart I noticed the
plastic "chain guide" that lives on top of the swingarm
was worn down to the point that the torx head screw
holding it in place was worn enough that I had to use a
screw extractor to remove it. Had this guide worn any
more my chain would have been diging into the
swingarm....NOT GOOD!
Anyway, just a few things to check...
Thanks to all you ST listers who have helped in the past.
- --
Chuck 99ST
Ride Safe and Often!