Re: [ST] Tire Pole, again

None.. And I've ridden with JW a couple of times and yes he's aggressive
but not that much more than me  :-)   I had the Pirelli Dragon GTS on the
bike before and I liked the first set but I think on the second set I got a
bad front tire since the front end felt as if I had loose steering head
bearings, almost from day one. The front profile on the 010's is much more
rounded than the old BT-57 which were rather pointy and did make the bike
fall into corners. I feel the 010's are just linear no real falling in, I
do notice that the ST is a bit fussy about front tire wear and tire
pressure. As for JW's feelings about the rear getting loose I will say that
they feel better with a bit less air pressure I run 40 back 35 front I've
got the tire scrubbed to the edge and I've never felt like it was getting
loose.. ever. The only thing I can think of is that I believe that JW still
has the original stock rear shock while I have an Ohlins. It' very possible
that the shock on his is about shot, which would certainly account for the
rear getting a bit loose if pushed hard. My feeling is that the shock rear
is good for about 20 k or so. No question a better shock will allow the
tires to stay hooked up better,  and that's why they cost the big $$$

Erik

At 05:51 PM 7/9/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Erik,
>
>Any of the symptoms Jonathon experienced when the bags are on?  Any movement
>felt from the rear tire?  What about twitchiness from the front?
>
>Eric Mann
>eric91z@xxxxxxxxx
>'91 Camaro Z28
>'01 Triumph Sprint ST