Re:[ST] Rear End maintenance / Airbox mods

G'day Chuck - All,
    Just finished putting new bearings in the back of my ST (after 13000 Kms
!!!) and found the same thing, it looks like mud etc flicks up into that
hole and collects around the hub thingo. I'm thinking of fitting a plug into
it, anyone think of a reason not too?
While i was at it i've made up a plate to go over the top of the radiator,
moved the horn, cut a hole at the front of the air box and drilled a lot of
extra holes in the baffle plate inside the airbox. Hopefully cool air will
pass over the radiator and straight into the airbox and less restriction
through to the air filter. If it works i'll make up a tidier plate and drill
out the bolts that holt the airbox together so i can remove the baffle
entirely, the bolts are glued in so well that they can't be removed!
Actually....has anyone else noticed how hard it can be to remove bolts on
these new Triumphs?? Maybe they didn't want them dis-assembling themselves
like the old ones did !!
Regards
Bill Wilkin
'99 ST   "Mary"