[ST] Chain rubbing strip

I heard this recently. I just replaced my
chain/sprockets (and improved milage and power
noticably over the worn parts)BUT..I replaced the
chain rubbing strip at the same time, about 600mi ago.
I notice that it is almost as worn as the one that
came off and was allowing the chain to litterally
rattle on decelleration. The chain is, and has been
properly tensioned and lubricated, what gives??
Its not rattling yet but I would love to know how to
remedy this fast wearing rubbing strip, could my chain
adjuster part of hub be 180 deg out? any thots or
experience appriciated, would love to sort ot out
before the volcano raid this weekend,

Thanks in advance
Tony Burke
00 ST