[ST] Re: Warning on Frame Sliders

This is an ongoing debate in alot of forums.  There are those that believe
frame sliders will transfer all that shock directly into the frame
beam/engine mount/engine, thereby doing more damage than if they were not
there.  There are those that believe that if the slider was impacted
correctly it would shear off the engine mount bolt(usually where they are
attached) and that would damage the cases.  Still others believe that
sliders only give the bike one more point to dig in and cause a tumble.
Personally I know of a few bikes that went home under their own power, after
being slung down the road only becuase the frame sliders took the brunt of
the violence instead of the body pannels, which would have transfered the
damage into the radiator and related mounts probably disabling the bike.  I
think of them not as frame savers, or body work savers, but as alittle extra
insurance that you won't have to rent a truck to get home after an "oopsie".
Course I haven't bit the bullet to buy a set yet so this is mearly
conjecture on my part.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen