RE: [ST] ST Ozy test

> The sales numbers are hilarious after reading the wind up in the
> article. I gather the Oz bike market is quite a bit smaller than
> the US market.

The Bureau of Statistics state that as of 1999 (latest figures I've found)
there were 324,000 motorcycles registered in Australia.  That's not new
bikes sold in the year - that's total number of bikes registered for use
on the road.  So, it's not a big market for the manufacturers.

But, with the likes of Gardener, Doohan, Beetie, McCoy, Corser, Bayliss,
Goddard, etc, all coming from those 300,000 folk, there must be something in
the water down here that makes great riders.  Quick note to myself - drink
more of the water ....  ;-)

Bambi