Re: [ST] Blooming sunflowers again

"Anderson, Neil G (CPR)" <andersng@xxxxxx> wrote:

> "The SunFlowers" wrote:
>
> >Newcomers to the list won't know me -- I dropped off the list at
Christmas.

> Ah, but old-timers will remember you...I wondered how long you'd be able
> stay off the bike when you decided it was too risky.  Judging by the title
> of your posting, somebody finally spotted you in the junkyard and decided
> restore you to full working condition.  Good to see you back and I hope
the
> eye recovers soon!

It wasn't the risk, or at least not ONLY the risk, that kept me off the
bike.  It was a lot of pain.  Even a 5 minute ride around the block was
agonizing.  I tried a few times, longer rides with Ibuprofen both before and
after the ride, but it just wasn't worth it.

The key was time and exercise.  Time for more healing and building up the
strength in my hand(s), arms, back and abs.  I've still got a lot more to
do, but I've made a start back.  This eye thing will only delay me a bit,
but you'll see me at a future Rallye again!

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
You can't keep a good Dawg down